3/18/13

E-mail - HPS and Cooling a Grow Tent

Do you have to put a duct and fan to cool a 400w hps light in a grow tent

Sent from my iPad

That depends on the size of the grow tent. If you looked at my posts I have a 3 foot by 4 foot tent and that would need to be cooled (duct and fan), a larger tent might not. Do you already have the HPS?

I am using a 300 W LED and it is giving me better growth than the 400 HPS (less stretching of the plants) and it keeps the grow tent at a nice 82-88 degrees with no duct/cooling, whereas the HPS I used to use would have temperatures in the upper 90's and into the 100's with no ducting, which is going to stress out the plants.
Read my post comparing HPS and LED's
If you have questions about ducting etc. you can E-mail Perry at sales@htgsupply.com, he knows a lot more about the equipment use and set up than I do.

Good growing,
Dr. E.R. Myers

No comments: