1/12/12

E-mail - pH crashes in hydropoinc system


Hey Doc,
   I bought my hydroponics system from HTG but the pH in my system crashes to 4.0 every week or so, how can I stop this or stabalize it?

Thanks for your question.  The easiest way is to add pH up. Sometimes pH crashes because of the presence of a large amount of microbial activity in the nutrient solution. If you flush the system each week and generally keep up maintenance of the system you should avoid this scenario. If you are not adding beneficial microbes, you might want to think about adding them. If you check out the HTGSupply.com website and beneficials that are specifically for hydroponics this might help as well.

I will be writing about specific pH adjustment in the next blog, thanks for the question!

Good Growing,
Dr. E.R. Myers

No comments: